How can we help?
Published: 20th May 2021
Do you want to be the difference between a bad day and a good day?
That’s what we do at Quorum Cyber. We fight the bullies, and we help good people win. Founded in Edinburgh in 2016, we are a fast-growing team of passionate people providing cyber security services to organisations worldwide.
We currently have an opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our Security Engineering team.
In This Role You Will -:
- Be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to more junior members of the team
- Provide mentorship within the engineering team
- Guide engineering design, analysis, implementation, and support of security technologies
- Research, design, and implement cyber security solutions for both internal and external customers
- Work with internal and external customers to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation, and configuration process of new solutions
- Proactively analyse and make recommendations to improve network, system, and application architectures
- Drive the review and update of cyber security policies, architectures, and standards
- Drive the responses to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Design solutions to increase the efficiency of our Security Operations Center
- Help to organise and prioritise the workload within the team
What We Need You to Have -:
- Customer Centricity
- Thinking Clearly Under Pressure
- Analytical Skills / Problem-solving
- Focussed on Detail
- Great Communication Skills
- Curious and innovative
- Great team player
- Excellent mentorship skills
Technical Expertise Preferred -:
- Experience of Automation in a SIEM or RRM solution
- Microsoft Sentinel, MS Server 2008R2 to current and MS Applications 2008R2 to current
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python/Powershell
- Experience with Azure DevOps monitoring
- Experience with Azure Security Solutions, MCAS, AADIP, Defender for endpoint, DNS, Defender for Identity, Office 365
You Will Know You Have Done A Great Job When -:
- The team is delivering effective, efficient, and elegant engineering solutions
- The solutions we use and implement (both internally and for customers) are well configured, hardened and being utilised to their max – delivering the best outcomes for everyone
- You are leading the drive to push the boundaries of what we do, thinking and implementing new ways of improving our processes, procedures, and technologies, enabling our teams to do better, faster work (for example via automation, orchestration, machine learning, etc.)
- You are constantly pushing the team to always be one step ahead with security technologies, experienced in how to implement and get the best outcomes from the complex set of capabilities available from their available products
- You get great feedback from colleagues and customers for the quality of my work, particularly in having designed and implemented solutions that have increased their security posture, while reducing their workload and provided a great user experience
- You get consistently great feedback on mentorship and design leadership skills
What We Give You -:
You will get an excellent salary, with world class benefits (private health, unlimited holidays, flexible working). As leading-edge technology company you will have access to the latest technology, and an environment that will encourage and nurture your curiosity. We are passionate about your learning and you will be empowered to advance your skills and expertise.
In the first instance please submit your CV [email protected]