How can we help?
Formed in Edinburgh in 2016, Quorum Cyber is an award winning, fast growing and prominent provider of professional and managed cyber security services to organisations worldwide.
Our ground-breaking approach to SOC provision has been well received in our target markets and we are currently welcoming new clients to our Managed SOC service at a rapid rate.
We are now looking to bring in a senior SOC Analyst/Engineer into the team.
Our Analysts are responsible for the monitoring of security incidents, classifying incidents, and providing advice on mitigation or remedial actions to our clients.
We have an opportunity for an experienced well-motivated senior SOC Analyst/Engineer to join the team and take a leading role in the ongoing development and operation of our Managed SOC service, including mentoring and bringing on less experienced staff.
Typical daily tasks will include:
- Providing analysis and trending of security log data from a range of sources
- Providing Security Incident Response support
- Providing threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services
- Monitor threat & vulnerability news services for relevant information that may impact our clients
- Participate in compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning, and develop mitigation and remediation plans from the assessment findings
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
Skills & Qualities
Required Skills and Experience:
Candidates should possess:
- A degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall, SIEM and intrusion detection/prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications
- An understanding of commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, and DNS
- Working knowledge of Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
What We Can Offer You:
A dynamic entrepreneurial environment
An unlimited holiday policy
A flexible working schedule
Workplace pension scheme
Private medical cover
The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Support to attend events and training
Our approach and style are professional and polished, yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment must note we see diversity as vital – creating a better workplace that delivers better outcomes. So, we are keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
Send in Your Application
In the first instance please submit your CV to our Talent Manager – [email protected]
NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES PLEASE